2006-02-23

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

I'm sure this same phrase has been written times and times before... but today it is needed once again :-)

In this first post, I would like to clear out a little issue: why 'mflpar'? What does it mean?

Actually it was the user login that was provided for me back in 1995 when I entered 'Instituto Superior Técnico', in Lisbon, Portugal, to study Computer Science. With time this user name got stuck on me, over many hard nights on projects and other works, and because it's not very popular, I kind of adopted these six letters for almost all my digital identities. So... that's it! Sorry if you expected something more... exciting.

What will be subject of this blog? You probably guessed by now... I'm a computer geek, so the main subject will be computer science. More specifically, I will share ideas and experiences on my teaching and research, hoping to spark discussions on interesting topics. I'll try to convey the messages with sprinkles of lighthearted humour, so prepare yourselves! Stick around, and enjoy the flights of the Sparrow*!!!

* That's me ;-) Sparrow is Pardal in English, and Pardal is my family name.

No comments: