2006-02-25

Web Services Security

In this post i'll talk a little about Web Services Security, that has been the subject of version 2.0 of my master's thesis.

Recently I did a survey to find out what is the best web services security development environment. I tried to be specific about the WS (Web Services) standards support. I knew that Microsoft was ahead of the competition - IBM, Sun, Oracle - I just didn't know it was so far ahead!

Microsoft's Web Services Enhancements 3.0 (WSE 3) just surprised me by the sheer quality of the work. Also, I had a chance to read a "patterns & pratices" e-book on the subject, and I was very pleased with what I read.

Now I plan to use this environment to develop the prototype for the business case I'm addressing in my thesis: buying and selling real estate.

So, despite being what you can call a "Java guy", I have to give credit to Microsoft for developing a superior development environment.

Note: I still haven't actually used the environment, so I can't tell you yet if it is stable. But I can bet a service pack release may be just around the corner. That's always a sure bet in any complex software ;-)!

No comments: