2009-10-14

Future directions for Java Web Services

I have been a Java Web Services developer for 8 years now, and I've mostly worked with Sun's reference implementation: JAX-WS.

Recently I have been trying to upgrade to the latest version blunded with Java SE 6 and I'm having several difficulties that appear to be bugs. I'm not talking about anything far fetched... For instance, I'm having issues with using simple SOAP handlers that worked perfectly in the previous versions. Also the jax-b, jax-ws, metro java.net sites appear to be somewhat "abandoned".

So given this state of affairs, I'm considering switching to another Java Web Services implementation. This is where you can help!

If you were to choose an implementation for a Java Web Services project today and for the next 3 years, which would you pick and why?


Feel free to make any other suggestions or comments. Thanks in advance!

No comments: