2009-01-15

Peter and Paul

Peter and Paul

As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Saint Paul (2 Timothy 4)

A 1981 TV series about the lives of the apostles Peter and Paul. Paul is the leading character played by Anthony Hopkins. The series has several flaws, mainly the absence of prayer in the early church. Also, the story telling is not very fluid even though the gaps are due to missing historical records. The soundtrack is also very weak. The main feature that comes out of the movie is the extreme disproportion between the task of Peter and Paul and the hurdles the world had for them.

No comments: