2008-09-16

Started to get things done

Yesterday I finished the assembling of a new work structure, based on ideas from the book "Getting things done" by David Allen.

The two main goals of the system are:
(1) capturing all things to be done in a trusted and reliable system, to let our minds go free
(2) dealing with the inputs in a more efficient manner

So far, so good. I'm enjoying it.

I've assembled my version of the system using Freemind mind-maps.

I've also created a business folder to store files I'm currently working (/biz/current). The idea is to work in this folder during the week. Then, at the weekly review, I go through the accumulated files and either keep them for the new week, store them in reference collections (e.g. /docs) or leave them behind (e.g. /biz/past/2008/09/15-21).

The idea is not to worry about where to save files during regular work, and leave this task for a weekly review.

The mind-maps are backed up weekly.

No comments: